My life since coming back from Nepal alternates between work , home and gaming. Its been mundane.
I feel the trepidation about the coming week.My results, competition and birthday will fall within the week and If all things go well, It will be a time to treat myself.
If your week has been slightly underwhelming like mine, do take a moment to watch this video and realise its time to buck up and soldier on.
Exploration is my catalyst for passion for our planet, and photography is the conduit through which it is voiced.'
When you are at that, make this cake too. Moist, fruity and uplifting and oh so simple. You won't regret it.
Banana Blueberry tea cake
Yields : one 8 inch square cake
- 1/2 cup or 4 oz melted butter
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 banana
- 3/4 cup sugar (I like it less sweet,adjust to taste)
- Preheat oven to 180C or 170 for fan forced ovens.
- Line an 8 inch square pan with parchment paper.
- Combine the dry ingredients, flour, baking powder, baking soda and sugar.
- Using a small pan melt the butter on low heat. When it has cooled, add in the eggs,milk and vanilla essence.
- Roughly mash the banana and throw in the butter mixture.
- combine the wet mixture with the dry mixture and stir and combine. No visible clumps of flour.
- Lastly, stir in the blueberries.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until skewer inserted comes out clean.